Gall bladder is a tiny pear-shaped organ that is situated in the upper right of the abdomen. However, the primary function of this organ is to store and concentrate bile produced by the liver. This juice, called bile, helps in the digestion process.
Due to uneven eating habits, gallstone develops in the gall bladder due to various bile pigments, calcium salts, or cholesterol. For your information, two types of gall bladder stones are cholesterol and pigment stones.
Gallstones are more painful than a person can imagine. This is the reason it can only be treated with the help of surgery called a cholecystectomy. This problem is widespread in Punjab and nearby areas.
Symptoms of gallbladder stone: –
- Pain in between the shoulder blades, or it can be under the right shoulder
- Rise in abdominal pain if the person eats a fatty meal
- Fever and pain as gall bladder becomes infected
However, it has been found that some individuals don’t suffer from any gall bladder stone symptoms. Therefore, they are asymptomatic.
But, in this case, the same treatment is needed for every patient.
How is gall bladder stone diagnosed?
There are various ways by which hospital for gall bladder treatment in Chandigarh diagnoses a stone: –
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Function test of liver
- Blood tests
- Coagulation profile
- Full blood count
- MRCP or Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography
- ERCP or Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
Treatment for gallstones
Well, the treatment of gall stone wholly depends upon the size and location of the stone. But some of the treatment includes: –
- Dietetic alterations in which doctors limit the diet of the patient by eliminating fatty food and milk products.
- Secondly, medication helps in liquefying gallstone. But medicine is rarely given as it can offer side effects
Book an appointment with one of the best hospitals for gall bladder treatment in Chandigarh, Chd city hospital, if you are suffering from gallstones.