These days, due to hectic lifestyles and various other reasons, most people, both men, and women suffer from obesity. This is the reason they have to undergo a surgery called Bariatric and metabolic surgery. However, the Bariatric surgeon in Chandigarh changes the digestive system, which automatically helps in losing weight.
Now the question arises when there is a need for Bariatric and metabolic surgery?
Bariatric surgeries are the collective name of some surgeries done on the patient having some weight gain issues. Such types of surgeries are done when any of the diet or exercise plans fail to work. It is also done when some other serious health problems pop up in the patient’s body due to weight gain, like high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, sleep apnea, type 2 diabetes, etc.
You can say that it is the last option used by doctors when all other options fail to offer the best result.
Types of bariatric surgery
- Gastric bypass
- Intragastric balloon
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
Risks and complications of Bariatric surgery
- Some infection
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Some patients may suffer from lung or breathing issues
- Blood clots
- Leaks in the gastrointestinal system
- Excessive bleeding
Apart from that, some of the long term risks are: –
- Stomach perforation
- Bowel obstruction
- Dumping syndrome
- Hypoglycemia or you can say low blood pressure
- Acid reflux
- The need for second or revision of the surgery
- Death in rare cases
Benefits of metabolic surgeries
These days most individuals want to undergo this surgery which is also the permanent solution to type 2 diabetes. After having this surgery, the patient will no doubt live a healthier and happy life. So, let’s talk about some of its benefits: –
- Very short hospitalization
- It is least incisive with no cuts and bandages
- 50% weight loss after the surgery
- Hells in reducing the size of the stomach
- Also reduces the amount of food intake regularly
- Metabolic surgery is adjustable according to the level of obesity
- The patient can live a long life
So, if you are suffering from obesity and all other treatments have failed, then contact Chandigarh City Hospital. They have a highly qualified and professional Bariatric surgeon in Chandigarh who will do the surgery with utmost care. In addition, they have a specialized team in weight loss which is trained to manage and treat patients of all types of obesity.